The SIA has launched a new set of videos about the online SIA licensing process. Each video describes the different stages of an application and the training you need.
The new videos provide guidance to licence applicants and licence holders in a visual and easy-to-understand format.
These include 5 videos providing walk-throughs of our licensing process and 3 videos providing helpful guidance on renewing a licence in the sectors with new training requirements.
The new videos are:
- Registering for a personal SIA online account
- Submitting an online SIA licence application form
- A guide to the stages of your SIA licence application
- Linking your personal SIA online account with a business account
- Requesting a replacement SIA licence card
- Renewing your door supervision licence
- Renewing your security guarding licence
- Renewing your close protection licence
Iestyn David, the SIA’s Head of Licensing & Service Delivery, said:
It’s important we give our customers quality advice and guidance to support them with the application process and that we provide the information so that customers can easily self-serve any queries they have.
We’ve been reviewing the advice and guidance we make available to customers to identify what more we can do to make the information more visual and easily understood. The new videos were developed as part of a wider review by our licensing team, keeping the customer experience at the forefront throughout. We will continue to monitor our contact strategy and continuously improve the advice and guidance we publish to help make the application process as straightforward as possible for new and returning customers.